Thursday, December 01, 2005

Houses

Dan and I have known for a while that we are going to have to move out of our apartment here by this summer so for the last couple of weeks we have been considering when to buy a house. AAcckk!!! Really, i haven't given a whole lot of thought to buying a house. I mean, I always figured I would sooner than later but, really, Now? But I guess this does make good sense for Dan and I. Dan found a few listings that we liked and decided to have a look at them. To make a long story short, we actually found a house on the first day that we went out looking. It was a spur of the moment look since we thought that this house was a little high on price considering our financial situation. But we loved it! It's really a great house, slightly small but we can handle small since it's just the two of us. Now we have to figure out if we really can afford it.
So this is what I've been learning for the past year and a half being married. Growing up I've always had my parents take care of me. I'm sure my parents didn't start off their family with a nice house and nice furniture and nice food but the last 5-10 years that I have been living with them I have had those things and so that is what i've grown comfortable having. And now what do I have??? Debt and a small apartment? ack... how materialistic is that? I'm learning about having to start from scratch. Well, that's it for tonight. I'm off to my night class called Papal Encyclicals. Tonight we are talking about the Roman Catholic churches position on the legalization of homosexual unions... interesting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i refuse to grow up -- looks like too much work and worry for me

11:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home