Thursday, November 06, 2008

I hate vacuum cleaners

That's not true... i like vacuum cleaners. I just like them when they work!!! Grr!! We've been living in a tiny apartment with a DOG for 10 days!!! WITHOUT A VACUUM! Can you understand how yuck it is getting around here?
We do own a vacuum cleaner but since at our old place we had central vac., we had lent it out after it had been sitting around for too long. I don't know if it is the 2 years of inactivity or the fact the bag wasn't changed properly or on time but now, it doesn't work. I spent an hour or so this morning walking all over town trying to find a store that sold vacuum bags. Not many do. And the ones that do, probably don't carry my brand of vacuum bags. I had to guess on the type of bag because, of course, the vacuum model and the bag model ISN'T the same thing, of course. I get home, it's the wrong bag. I try it anyway? It just about blows up the whole vacuum cleaner. I spend almost another hour trying to find my vacuum cleaner online so i figure out what bag # i DO need... and guess what?.... My vacuum cleaner doesn't exist! That's right. The model # engraved on my cleaner does not exist!! No kidding!
I'm so frustrated with my vacuum cleaner, the dog hair, the dog that is in heat and the washer/dryer problems that I haven't even started on, that I'm ready to go and just buy everything new.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No luck with the roomba today either. Sorry.
Hope things turn around for you soon.

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger John Wikkerink said...

Hey Nicole, bring the vacuum cleaner over. I'll fix it for you and you and Daniel can have supper too. I'm sure, here in the big city we can get the correct bag.

Let me know.

Dad Wikk

3:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have great inlaws!

11:23 p.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

I'd love to give you one of mine! I have two and could do with only one.

And John-the big city??? Did you move? You can't be talking about Beamsville.

2:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO have great inlaws! Thanks guys. I'll take you up on the vacuum fixing as soon as we can get over there for supper... when can we do that, by the way?
Aunt Linda, thanks for the offer... it wouldn't be the first time that I took something off your hands. :) I'm finally wearing your old shoes right down to the very last walk. Old shoes are coming in handy in this super muddy subdivision.

3:48 p.m.  
Blogger John Wikkerink said...

Ya Linda, compared to Cayuga, Beamsville is the big city.
We will be going to visit Daniel and Nicole on Wed. to celebrate Daniels birthday which was on Sun.
So, Nicole, I'll look at it then.

Dad/John

12:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home