Friday, December 05, 2008

Suggestions?

For the last couple of weeks we've been noticing a lot of dog poop accumulating on our lawn and the one next to ours. Even though I've noticed that no one else in the neighbourhood walks their dog, Dan and I religiously do and so we KNOW it isn't Chloe's poop. I've talked to other neighbours and ensured them that it isn't our dogs poop. I've had my suspicions about a big black dog that lives a couple of doors down but didn't want to accuse anyone if it wasn't. Sure enough, last night I caught the dog pooping on our lawn. It is so gross. Really. There's about 20 spots on the lawn next to ours (it borders our driveway) and about 10 now on our lawn. Big black dog poop too so it's not such a small little pile. This dog is an old dog and doesn't move much (Chloe wagged her tail right in his face while she was in the middle of heat and he didn't do a thing).
So my question is, what do we do about it? There's no way I'm going to pick it up myself although I've been tempted to since there's one right where you would step getting out of the car. Dan, of course, wants to throw it on the guy's doorstep and yell at him. I just want to keep the peace. Besides, the people are kind of sketchy. I'm actually a bit afraid of them so I don't want to start a feud.
What would you do? I really don't want to just leave it.
If I don't get some good responses soon I'm going to post some pictures with this post. :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move :0

9:44 a.m.  
Blogger Alisha said...

I'd make a big stink! lol

2:49 p.m.  
Blogger Larissa said...

Well, I'm sure that your neighbour heard me yell "pick up your shit" the other day. So, if he's not doing it yet I'll have to pile it up and strategically place all the crap where they would walk up and down their driveway tomorrow. That will fix them.

2:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I'd talk with them and ask if they could please pick it up from now on. I'd explain how it's not very nice for the rest of you. After all it's not the country where all that is kind of normal. If the dogs owners don't agree, i'd pick it all up and bring it back to them and set it where they can find it and dispose of it themselves. After that if they still don't stop it .... The dog would disappear.
Kinda reminds me of my friends at the lake. They had the same problem with the nieghbours cats. So far about fifteen have gone swimming and haven't come back.

12:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would put up a really corny but sweet sign that say's somthing to the extent of "please clean up after your dog!" or "keep your dog off of our lawn." Or a simple drawing of something to that extent. I've seen them on other peoples lawns. Apparently you are not the only one who have that problem.

10:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are worried that other neighbors may assume it is Cloey, I would take a pic of the black dog shitting on your lawn, or your neighbors, and put it anonymously in an assuming neighbors mail slot. This tactic will prove you innocent, while exposing the true cause of the problem. It also raises the potential for the issue to be solved by another neighbor there by allowing you (Nicole) to 'keep the peace'.

10:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what ann landers has to say about this one.

10:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed with the responses to this post. It's almost worth the problem for all the love I'm getting over it.
In the end, it snowed last night. All the problems are now masked and I can't tell at all. I haven't seen a sign of the dog yet tonight.
Here's a few problems to some of your suggestions:
-i don't think the people even know where their dog is shitting. They just open the door and let the dog lumber outside and do it's business.
-the people are .... sketchy. They seem quite violent from my perspective. I really really don't think they are people that I'd like to get involved with.

Here's my plan: very nonconfrontationally tell them about the poop (maybe they don't know?) and ask if they can do something. If not, I'll call by law. Really, I bet they'll be gone soon.

11:45 p.m.  
Blogger Bert said...

I'm with Dan. Maybe mail it to him in a parcel.

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Bert said...

Just saw your responce to all of your gentle readers suggestions. Trust me. Those people know about the dog poop. They don't CARE where it goes, and BTW, I LOVE Dad Z's comments. He and I see to be a kindred spirit, at least as far as dogs and cats's go.

12:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home