Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh fun

Years ago, a roommate tried to get me Christmas decorating. I don't think I'm very artistic and can't make things look "perfect" like you would see in all those craft magazines, so generally, I don't try. This roommate, Sarah, wouldn't take that for an answer and just said that my creativity just had "character". I love that word now and laugh at all my lopsided creations while announcing that they are full of character. Well, today, I made quite the creation. I had a bunch of coniferous branches from the Christmas tree outing that I thought I might make into a wreath. I was putting it off for a few days but finally, this morning, thought I'd give it a try. I first did my research on "how to make a wreath" but quit shortly after since all the pictures were perfect and I didn't have any of the supplies I was told to have anyways. So, with bare hands, Opa W's cooking string that he gave me, and all those branches, I made a Christmas wreath. And what a wreath! I doubt it will stay in tact till Christmas but by the end I was laughing, and festive and so it was worth it. Ta DA!!
I decorated it with some leftover small ornaments.
Then I went inside and decorated the half wall by the stairs too. Oh, the decorating can go on and on. But at the same time, I'm thinking about how frustrating it is going to be trying to take off these tiny ornaments in January. They are going to get stuck in everything.
Speaking of these ornaments, I'm trying to remember where I got them. They are tiny little wooden figures of Christmas things. Some are toys, some are angels or a stable. Some are little Santas. I know I got some wooden ornaments at a tree farm a few years ago but I've got tons of these. Oma Z gave me some ornaments a few years ago so I'm wondering if these are part of them. If anyone knows, let me know. I want to be more careful with them if they have any meaning to them. On the other hand, if they are from the dollar store, I don't mind if I lose a few in the middle of the tree.

6 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

You'll start a whole new trend towards non-round wreaths.

2:12 p.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

Lovely wreath!

5:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!! It looks very festive!! Rustic/artisian.

7:26 p.m.  
Blogger hannelle* said...

you are adorable!! i love your wreath :)

i think you got some of the ornaments from your aunt joanne -- does that ring a bell at all?? i want to say that she bought/gave a bunch of stuff for you guys on your first christmas... but who knows...

happy decorating! i want to come and drink tea with christmas light and candles around us :)

love!

8:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh nicole again hofstra!! I think you got the little wood ornaments off a little x-mas tree i once bought and gave you. So yes they are very sentimentale - just kidding they aren't you can get them i belive at canadain tire!!

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger sarahNrutherford said...

I love this!!!!!!!!! Man I wish I could have seen it !

11:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home