Monday, December 19, 2005

Chloe

Merry Christmas to me!!! Dan gave me a puppy for Christmas. A Golden Retriever. Her name is Chloe. Really, i think she is a a gift for himself. He loves her!! And good thing too because having them play together makes them both tired. :) She is a bit of a distraction though. I have a take home that is due today as well as a paper for that class and then i'm DONE. Finally. I wrote two psych exams on Saturday and was exhausted when it was all done. The first one I aced but the second one I didn't feel prepared for at all. I ended up having a lot to write but that doesn't mean that I did well. We'll see how it all turns out.
On Saturday evening Dan and I went to his mom and dad's. Frank and Alisha are home so it was good to see them. And they were all happy to see Chloe. She'll be good entertainment during Christmas.
I haven't gotten any of my Christmas presents yet. (yikes). For my family, I know what I'm going to get and Dan's already got something for someone (?) so we're set that way. For Dan's family both him and I have to think of something and buy it yet.
I think I'm going to go to the school and check my mail and get some books for my paper. Maybe I can put Chloe in the crate without her waking up too much. huh. Mission accomplished.... and she passes out again. :)
I am writing a take home for my Kierkegaard and Derrida class. The class was interesting and boring at the same time. The topic is really interesting but I think it is something that I have to study and live in my own time. So I got a book out of the library to go through over the holidays: The prayers of Kierkegaard. This is the first one I found while flipping through it:
Father in Heaven! Thou has loved us first, help us never to forget that Thou art love so that this sure conviction might triumph in our hearts over the seduction of the world, over the inquietude of the soul, over the anxiety for the future, over the fright of the past, over the distress of the moment. But grant also that this conviction might discipline our soul so that our heart might remain faithful and sincere in the love which we bear to all those whom Thou hast commanded us to love as we love oursleves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home