Thursday, January 11, 2007

Here's a good day for you

Last night I went to the first class for a course that I'm doing this semester. It is at Redeemer again so there isnt' going to be anymore commuting back and forth to Toronto. I'm going to miss that. So I'm taking a class called the Psychology of Spirituality with Prof. Stephenson. Hannelle is taking the course too so I'm planning on sleeping over at her house every Wed. night. This morning we got up nice and early and went out for breakfast. It's nice to do that every once in a while, i think. After breakfast, I dropped Hannelle off at work and met up with Brenda for tea. I love going out for tea with her. It's always a validating, inspiring time. It makes me want to go home and do more reading, gardening, contemplating and just being me... the whole works. After tea I went to Dundas to check out the used book store (again) and bought a cheap one. I had to quickly run to the bank and while I was doing that I passed 2 stores that sucked me in. I couldn't say no. One had a sign in front saying all men's clothes 50% off. What a deal! And Dan has really needed some good pants for those sunday occasions. So I found a great deal, bought them with birthday money, and moved on. But not until after ogling (what a good crossword word) some really great jewellry and shoes. What do you think of me getting some really great cowboy boots. I think I should. The only thing is that they come with at least a 1 inch heal. I still have to learn to embrace this tallness. grrr. After that store I was sucked into a cheese store. Oh my goodness!! I love cheese. I love different kinds of cheese and the process and science of cheese. I love eating cheese (and drinking wine). So as we were talking about cheese they offered me some samples!! Isn't that awsome? I've heard about pasturized and unpasturized cheese tasting different but I thought it was more of a subtle taste difference that only experts could taste. Well let me tell you!!! I first tried a pasturized brie. mmm Then, I tried an unpasturized brie that was made in the same place and the same way and, wow!! What a difference. I really want to share this with someone but I don't know very many people that like that kind of food. As Dan says, it's really pungent. I like really tasty foods I guess. But that wasn't all. Next they moved me on to the blue cheeses. gurgle gurgle..... mmm. It was the same kind of thing. So much more tasty with the unpasturized cheese. I don't know why anyone would go back. I bet i costs a fortune though.
So from there I came back here to Redeemer to type out this quick post and grab a book for a presentation that's coming up already (fun, eh?).
Now I'm off to home depot to pick up some putty to fill in some cracks in the wall (my winter project) and the for another coffee date with another woman. This time I'm meeting up with Shiela again - the woman I met earlier who wrote that book.
Tonight Dan and I are going to Larissa and James' for a wedding party meeting. (Dan is in the wedding party! cool, eh?) I think i'll try to bring some appetizer or something.
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. Dan and I have a date to go to Chapters with our gift cards that mom got us. I have a list of books already. I can't wait.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow nicole, what a life you lead!! I am kind of envious, improving yourself (through education and surronding yourself with up lifting people) and all the friends you have and accentences you have that you can just go out for coffee here and there!!! i also love your thriftyness. Looking for deals and such! Also what and incredible thing to be so inspired by something and intrested in something! Like cheese! I love reading your blog and feeling your energy for everything! Again envious and very proud! Loving you lots Cass

9:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good day! I must try some of that unpasturized cheese sometime. I've never had it before. Say hi to Larissa and James!

2:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole, when did this all transpire? (going to Redeemer). You were here all day Sunday and we didn't hear a word of it.

6:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean Alisha and Dan will be partnered together in the bridal party? It would be so cute to see them holding hands walking down the aisle and then having to dance together.

7:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewe gross!

8:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... I sure wish I could take the spirituality course! I am jealous. Say hi to the prof for me.

11:09 a.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hey all, thanks for your comments. I love reading them and finding out who's reading this blog.
Linda, you really do have to try unpasturized cheese. It will blow you away!! I almost want to tell you not to try it till I come over and have it with you but that might be a while and I want you to try this... you and your sisters. (ps. when referring to you aunts I call you this Winnipeg girls)
Cass, you have got to stop gooing... it makes me embarrassed. But thanks. I appreciate it. We've got to chat again sometime. I'm home most of the day tomorrow.
Alisha, I wasn't sure who that comment was from at first but I figured it was you... ha ha ha...
Karyn, i want to see that too.... it would definately be worth a couple of pictures
Sarah. I definately will say hi for you. I think you would be a really good addition to this class.

4:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home