Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm going to be an aunt.... again

You all thought you heard this news already (I mean, check out how many comments are on the last post) but there's more... My sister Amy is pregnant now too!!! I saw the bump of the little baby last night for the first time. Her and Joel expect this little guy Jan. 24. Not too long after Alisha's, right? I'm so excited. It's going to be so wierd exciting and new not only to have a nephew but just to see how we all change around this new thing. My parents are going to be grand parents. What does that do to a couple? My sisters are all definately getting all aunty on us. I mean, Cass already got a pack-and-play. Every time I see Amy for the next 6 months she'll be stretching and growing and be all glowing and stuff. And then there will be a baby with her every time after that. Life will never be the same. I'm not lamenting at all. I'm super excited about this and can't wait to see how it all unfolds.
As for my garden, it too is growing and glowing. Well, not glowing but there's lots of green in there. I've already been picking and eating my zukes and cukes. My tomatoes have lots of green tomatoes all over them. After all that rain last week my corn seems to have grown a foot. The weeds are growing too but we still have Caleb over for the next week and maybe I can talk him into helping me in the garden. I've definately got him doing a whole lot of other landscaping. It's great having a younger brother around!
I got my 7 little chicks from mom. I'll call them my fancy chicks. Well these guys, they look tiny, they still peep like baby birds but are they ever brave! They roost way higher than my birds ever have and don't really care about my hens being territorial. I haven't let them out into the great out doors because I'm being a bit protective. I have lost too many other birds this year. Mikey and Meggy are the same as ever. Speaking of Mikey and Meggy, I'm actually at the real Mike and Megs right now. They've been married for a month now and have finished the renovating on their new house which means its time to move in. I'm afraid we aren't going to be as much help as they need but Dan and I and Dave and Brenda are here to help them move. We stayed the night and are planning on making it a good day of lugging stuff. That's it for now. See ya!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

Congratulations Zomers!! That is so exciting. I'm sure I won't be seeing Amy any time soon, but send good wishes out to her from my way :)

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger Larissa said...

Oh and PS nicole...now it DOES seem like EVERYONE is pregnant! ;)

10:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zomers, congratulations with all of you with the new little one on the way. Did I read that it was a boy? Do they know this already?
No not everyone's pregnant but there will sure be a lot of baby talk.
Nicole how is your little charge doing?
Mom W.

6:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record nicole - All the baby stuff i have is from work that i am trying to clean up and get rid of!

8:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you Oma Wik,
All this he/she stuff is confusing. All we know is that the ultra sound picture shows a distinct umbilical cord. Joel's pretty proud of it.

7:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home