Monday, May 14, 2007

mornings.

With our morning schedule, I end up having a couple of hours to kill most mornings. I drop Dan off at work and then have nothing to do from 7:00 till 9:00 or 10:00 (depending on when my shift starts). For a while I went to Tim Hortons and took my time there, then I would go to WalMart (who knew that they open already at 7:00?!!). But that started to get expensive. Besides, it's a massive WalMart that has everything and it kinda makes me sick. I don't mind going in there if I need something and its convenient but I'd rather stay out of massive stores like that. Lately, I've been going out for breakfast by myself to kill time. At first I felt kinda silly (loner?) but hey, i'm a customer, I can spend as much time there as I want right? They have a couple of news papers so I pick one up, have my 1 egg with bacon (or ham) and brown toast. An hour passes pretty quick that way. I go through the headlines (most I already heard on the drive from the CBC) and then check out the crossword. I didn't have a pen today but it looked like a good one. The only problem is the waitress seems kinda pushy. She memorized my order after the first time I went there so that was nice but she gives me my bill right away so I feel like I should leave. Eventually she stops refilling my coffee too. So now I'm on my second hour to kill before I start work. I've been reluctant to come to Redeemer now that the halls aren't filled with students. I feel really out of place here now. I just rediscovered the computers upstairs though. It's out of the way, people don't see me and they are open all hours of the day. How perfect is that?
Although about 80% of my day yesterday was pretty bluesy I ended up going to bed pretty happy and content with the day. Not that it was a bad day. I just felt kinda down in the dumps. I remember even waking up sad. Since life has been busy lately, Dan and I decided that we were going to visit with only one mother on mothers day this year instead of trying to split the day between two families 1.5 hours away from eachother and our home. We went to church with mom and dad Wikk. in the morning and spent the afternoon there. It was a good time just hanging out. We had coffee and pie with Oma and Opa Wikk (of course she made the pies..mmm) and followed that with an amazing lunch of steaks. Larissa and James came for a bit and we all hung out for a bit. I called my mom (Dad W. first armed me with a full glass of wine so that I wouldn't get homesick) and it sounded like everyone there was having a good time. It's too bad we missed that gathering but it would have been too much. I'm sure there will be lots more. I hadn't been home over the weekend so Dan and I left at around 4:00. While Dan took a quick nap I had a slow wander around the property to see what was new and growing (definately the grass, onions and spinach). Mozzerella was quite noisy whenever I was out of sight so when Dan got up we both took a lawn chair and a glass of wine and sat back behind the barn. We just sat there, chatted a little bit but mostly just watched and listened. I don't know how long it was. It could have been 10 min. but it also could have been an hour. I think that was my favorite part of the day. Soon enough the two male ducks started getting rowdy since one of the females came out. They were diving and flying and the whole works. They even flew across the road so I had to go chase them back. It's like the male ducks just sit around all day waiting for their girls to come out. What a surprise it's going to be when they both come out with a little flock. I hope the males don't end up killing them. After all that, I didn't have any Sunday-evening-blues at all. I even woke up looking forward to today too (which can sometimes be hard at 5:30). I think its going to be a good week too. I'll do a bit of gardening tonight, work a full day tomorrow, dinner at Larissa and James's on Tuesday (I doubt they can top mom and dad's pork chops from last week) and then a day off on Wednesday. What a good start, eh? It doesn't end there, either. Thursday morning I have a breakfast date with Meghan and Friday I don't start work till 3:00. Saturday I don't start till 1:00 that leaves lots of time for puttering around both mornings. Of course its the long weekend this weekend so we've already got a couple of fun things planned for Sunday and Monday (a party both days!!). So I'm looking forward to this week.
And I've almost filled up my two hours already. A little bit of googling and I'm off. See ya!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I lived close to the beer store. Then you could come and visit me every morning. I'm really want to visit you and see all the growing stuff. I wonder when your ducklings will hatch. I also have more plants for you too.

7:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday I will come and have breakfast with you so you won't have to eat alone.

Dad Wikk

4:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...AND, just a thought. You've got to put some pics in your blog. If I can't be there you've got to show me your garden somehow.

5:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home