Thursday, April 26, 2007

My day off was pretty uneventful. I was so excited for a productive gardening-filled day. On Tues. night mom and I talked about what and how I should put things in the garden. I even quickly ran out to Canadian Tire after I got off the phone so that I could get some onion sets and a chalk line (I can't believe I actually bought a chalk line for gardening.. hah ha ah). Dan said the forcast was for a 16 degree day and sunny all day. What a flop! I woke up and it was raining. grrrr. I really really didn't feel like doing anything now. And so i didn't... or at least not much. I had already started soaking some black beans for making frijoles so I did make them for lunch. The rain tapered off for a bit so I pitchforked my huge pile of compost into the bin (it looks really good... ful though). While i had a pitch fork in one hand and big rubber boots on a scary looking SPCA guy came over and said that I needed to have Chloe tagged and I needed a licence or something. It pissed me off that he would just come and threaten and all that so I said no and sent him away. He said he would check back in 2 weeks to make sure we did it. GRrrr. Chloe was jumping all over his truck. I'm glad. He didn't say anything about the goat and chickens though. Yesterday, for the first time in the year we have lived there, Chloe crossed the road. I saw her on the neighbors front lawn. It freaked me out. I ran over and brought her back. She grovelled right away so she knew she did something wrong. Dan asked if I beat her. I have a hard time doing that though (which is why I'm not the pack leader). Cass called me later in the day and while we talked she talked me through making a great marinade for grilled chicken and doing a batch of cookies. So that was about it. I guess I did relax a bit but I think I would have felt better if I had spent the day working on the things I love to do. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you head a good day!! So how did the chicken turn out? Hope it was good anyways lots of love!!

10:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would Chloe have a boyfriend across the street perhaps? Hope she doesn't do that again. That road is way to busy.
Mom W.

4:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to put Chloe on the chain, Motz on a rope, the chickens inside a fence and a shotgun above the door.

11:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home