Tuesday, March 20, 2007






I've been having a pretty good couple days lately. It's been relaxing. I worked on the weekend but the shifts were easy and I was done by 3pm on Saturday. Dan's Oma D. had her 85th birthday party on Sat. night so we had a big dinner at her church for a bit of a celebration. Afterwards Dan went on aux. so I went to sleep over at his parents place. I like doing that once in a while. It's only a little wierd when I try to think about how many of my friends like to sleep over at their in laws. I don't think half of them would even visit alone with the inlaws let alone sleep over there. I guess I've just got really great people to work with. :) (thanks mom and dad). Church on Sunday was really good! I really like their minister. He usually has a lot to say to me in his sermons. I rarely feel like the service is dragging on and on. Dan picked me up in the early afternoon and we just hung out at home by ourselves for the night. It was pretty relaxing except for the weekly case of the Sunday evening blues that Dan always gets. I'm always trying to think of ideas to make Monday morning seem like it's not such an awful thing to come. Any suggestions? This week I made sure that he had his most comfortable and best work clothes ready for Monday morning. It sucks when you're up at 5:30 and can't find anything decent to wear. He's been running out of pants for ages so he finally got a really good new pair of work pants. I love the first time I get to wear new pants. I didn't put together a lunch for him. That would've been good too. Anyways, I had other things to plan for. I decided that since I'm not working till Thurs. I should go home for a couple of days. Mom is still on march break so here I am. It's been really nice. I didn't think I would really like to sleep over without Dan but it wasn't so bad. Mom and I just hung out all day. We watched her new batch of chickens (she hatched a whole bunch in January), transplanted some flowers and veggies, had coffee, surfed the internet, went grocery shopping (mostly for dessert), and made a great supper of cabbage casserole (MMM) and skor choc. cake thing. After supper (with Amy and Joel!!) we watch Little Miss Sunshine. I've been urging to watch that movie ever since I saw it in Winnipeg. I really do like the movie but I think I built it up too much. I've been telling everyone to watch it and that its soooo goood but i think that it's actually prob. not a movie for everyone. Mom didn't seem like she thought it was amazing. Dad thought it was kinda silly I think. Anyways, if I told you that you really need to see the movie, disregard unless it seems interesting to you.



I slept in way too late this morning. I kept telling myself that it was okay since I'm kind of on vacation but I missed out on lots of bonding time with Mom. When I finally did get up I found her sitting in front of her chicken cage admiring them. They really do produce a lot of conversation. Especially since they are all mixed breeds (one even has two spurs on both feet. wierd!)



We're trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day or if we should even have a to do list. Surfing is definately on our list so this is what we're doing for now. I think that some wood stacking and errands are still on the list but anything will work for me today.



Three more things:



1. Here's my latest favorite creation of mom's. Isn't it awesome? And she just does this on a whim... for no really reason. I think it's sooo cute! Oh, and I got her to buy those chocolates. They are the best choc. eggs in the world.






2. We're listening to a group called Sigur Ros. I love it! I love the music but most people get really sick of them since they don't sing with real words but with sounds instead.
3. Here's dad talking about the hypocricy of the penance we can pay to the new environmental religion called carbon credits. It's part of an article he's reading in the Time magazine. Krauthammer (the writer) called it ecological indulgences.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for home time when i read your blog!

12:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE SIGUR ROS!!!
The next time they're in town, my sister and I plan to go to their concert - wouldn't it be such an experience?! They are so unique, i love their music - mystifying!

love Coryn

4:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole it sounds as though you had a good vacation at home! I always think that is the best place to have them anyways great to hear from you!!

9:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to have you home Nicole. I love the flow of our conversations. How do you live without google at your finger tips every day. Be careful with the bowl. There is a nasty bur under the rim that needs to be ground off. Supper..er..dessert was great. So was lunch and having help with the wood pile and transplanting. We'll have to do 'home retreats' more often.
Love mom
PS. I'm finished your book "Passing for Normal" and I'm finding some OCB traits in your dad!

8:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested in this cabbage casserole...

10:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home