Tuesday, January 16, 2007

An extra post this week

I probably will only get to post about once a week but here's a freebie. I'm at Redeemer to drop a book off for Hannelle. Now that I'm in a class I've got reading to do every week. Wierd, eh?
I set up a little reading nook for myself upstairs in our gigantic room. There was an old trunk that I found in the barn when we moved here and i've since cleaned it up and brought it upstairs. I've laid it flat and covered it with the reading material that I most want to read. I brought a big plant up there and put it beside my chair. The chair is the best part. It's a chair that I got from Dan's grandparents. I love it! It's an old green butterfly chair. I don't know why you don't see them anywhere because they are great chairs that cup your body in them when you sit in it and you can pull your legs up in it really well too. I was taking the tour through Oma and Opa's house and I saw that chair and loved it! Opa, being the guy he is, said I could have the chair of course so away I went with this great chair. All I need for the nook now is a lamp and some good art. I've got ideas for both. Now lets just see if I use the space. I hope so.
I made a new batch of yogurt. I'm not sure if it worked out yet. I have to check it. I'm planning on straining it now and making that cheese again or maybe I'll make some tzatziki sause with it. Mom said she made some the other day and it was great. We'll see. oh, and then I can make some falafels with it. ooo i'll do that.
see you all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on. I want a reading nook too!

10:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that chair... it's really cool. I actually have a funny memory in that chair, ask me about it sometime.

11:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound nice nicole!! I want to go over and read in your nook, it sound really invinting!! Plus your making me hungary! Hope your having a good class! Lots of love
Cass

10:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tzatziki
1 medium cucumber (peeled,seeded and shredded
32 oz. plain yogurt
16 oz. sour cream
2 tbsp. dill
1 clove garlic (minced)
Drain yogurt overnight.
Combine everything. chil over night.
(Actually, I combined equal amount of yogurt cheese and sour cream. I thought they might be using fresh dill so I added 2 tsp. dried dill instead.)
The felafels were great too and not too difficult. I'll give you that too if you are feeling adventurous. I also have a recipe for Pita bread but figured Weston's makes it pretty good already so why bother.
Have fun

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

"ladybug" - remind me to ask you. I'm really interested in the story. I hope it doesn't scar me.
Cass - maybe i shouldn't have written anything about that nook yet because I have yet to sit in it. Even though I have done some reading. It's just too cold and lonely up there.
Mom - Yes!! Give me that recipe too. Oh, and my yogurt that I made was still to soupy. What am I doing wrong? I want to come over on your next P.D. day and watch you make some... and visit... and get my jewelry... and look at my new rototiller and get inspired. I think a visit is past due.

1:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home