Friday, March 09, 2007

Time

Isn't it wierd how time can go soooo fast and yet go sooooo slow?
Examples of time going fast:
  • Larissa and James are getting married in two (2?!!) weeks. Yikes. Mike and Meghan in 2 months!
  • Dan and I have been married for almost 3 year!! Man, I can't imagine what we would have done with kids in there somewhere.
  • I've been out of school for almost a year and I've still gone no where with this degree I'm supposed to have.
  • We have friends who got married after us and have kids that can walk (well, almost) already and are expecting again!! Maybe that's more of a case of kids growing so fast. Crazy!
  • February's over and it's March already! We're well into March.
  • The time is changing this weekend already!
Examples of time going slow:
  • Wahhh!! It's only March. We still have a whole 'nother 2.5 months before we've got constant good weather. And I've now got a rototiller sitting in the garage just itching to till up that garden
  • If I do go to grad school, it won't be till Sept. '08 and then I still have at least 2 years before I have another degree that I can work with. I've already got grey hairs, I can't imagine what I'll look like when I'm finally done.

Wow, I didn't think this list would be so hard to write up. Hmm.. maybe it's not that bad afterall. I think I'm just itching to get into the garden. Mom and Dad came up this past weekend and brought me a rototiller and a gardening book and lots of gardening magazines. Isn't that wonderful? I sat in my green chair in front of the window getting full sun for 3-4 hours strait while reading about wide row gardening (I'm hooked). What a great husband I have to encourage me to go ahead with all of this. He might have to start working overtime to support this hobby. :) Maybe not.

Like I said, Larissa and James are getting married in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to getting together with all of the Wikkerinks again. I don't know how many are coming from Winnipeg but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Any good books out there? "Lullabies for Little Criminals" that's my tip for you all. Read it!!

See yas!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I do go to grad school, it won't be till Sept. '08 and then I still have at least 2 years before I have another degree that I can work with. I've already got grey hairs, I can't imagine what I'll look like when I'm finally done.

Sigh. I know. I'm in that boat too. I'll be 28 when I finish grad school (2010). I guess I just thought that by then I would've figured more things out.

5:28 a.m.  
Blogger Calgary Lawn Solutions said...

Hey Nicole!! My mom, Nick, and I are coming to Larissa and James' wedding! I'm so excited! :)

9:47 p.m.  
Blogger mmichele said...

anybody who thinks they have it figured out, at any age, is probably wrong.

12:47 a.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

You will look beautiful, no doubt. By the way, Wes, Tim, Kristen and I will be seeing you in a couple of weeks too. I'm excited.

As for Canada Reads...maybe I'll get to Lullabies. I haven't been too happy with their suggestions in the last few years.

3:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some books I like and maybe you will too (though Im not sure what you like):

-The Grass Dancer (Susan Power..amazing book)
-Peace like a River (Leif Enger)
-Lines on the Water: A Fisherman's Life on the Miramichi
-poetry by Li-Young Lee
theres a few off the top of my head
Love ya, Cindy ex 303 buddy for life.

8:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home