Thursday, April 05, 2007

Memory shots

Once in a while, when something is happeing I'll make a mental note, as if I'm taking a picture of that moment. Those who know me know that I have a TERRIBLE memory. I take these mental pictures and for the next week I try to remember them as often as possible so that I can sear them into my memory. Here are some mental shots that I took this last weekend:
-Larissa walking down the aisle during the rehersal to the Lion King soundtrack. It was super funny and really worked for the walk.
-Noticing that there was a roll of Mentos in Larissa's bouquet during the ceremony. It also fit super well. We should send the picture in for a commercial idea.
-Noticing that as her and James were introduced and walked into the reception the roll of Mentos was replaced by a bottle of beer. A little unconventional but, hey, it worked.
-Watching the slideshows that Dan's parents worked hours and hours on and listening to the comments around me as we watched.
-Everyone dancing. Especially when U. Paul knew all the words to "Sexy Back", "London bridge" and many other dance songs. It was also especially funny since he was trying to grind with Dad through it all.
-7 of us all in Opas big purple van racing down the QEW to Ikea to drop of A. Michelle.
-Kristen walking around our property with my chicken, Benedict, and then taking a picture of her with Benedict and Mozzerella. Hopefully I get that picture and can actually post it here.

I'm sure there are actually more but I've already forgotten them. I'll put more on if I remember any but if any of you were there and have special memory moments, what are they. It was a good weekend, eh?

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, Dan's sister, Larissa, got married this past weekend. Congratulations!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Memories?
It was a beautiful wedding, a relaxed atmosphere, a great party! I have a very helpful daughter-in-law who cooked, picked up, cleaned and dusted a bedroom that was only used by a sick Brittany :(
Thank you Nicole for everything. You looked beautiful and radiant too.
Mom W.

12:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Memories?
Nicole being hit on by Bert Crook (91)- he likes tall women.
Cutin loose with family and friends.
Seeing my wife having fun and looking fabulous!
Having all our kids together in one place having fun.
Dad w.

4:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mom and Dad Wik,on Larissa and James wedding! Congratulations Larissa and James. Those times of family celebration, together, are truly blessings from the Lord. There is nothing better. How cool.

9:35 a.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

Too many memories to write here. One of my highlights believe it or not was to see your place. Another one was watching my kids having a great time with their cousins.

10:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear more! Yes, congratulations Larissa and James!, congratulations to the Wik family. Aren't son-in-laws wonderful! The whole family dimension keeps changing. I love it!

9:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to all! I am glad that you all had a good wedding and that the weather cleared up for you all!! Nicole your blog was done beutifully done! Looking forward to seeing you, lots of love Cass

9:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home