Wednesday, May 23, 2007

two posts in one day?!!

That's right, I'm in the blogging world today.
Really, I just have more time to kill. Maybe I should do a post of things to do when you need to kill time:
- Go to Redeemer. This is always a good one. It's generally open and the computers are private... plus they have good washrooms.
- Go out for a meal. This usually kills lots of time but ends up being pricey.
- Walk around WalMart or the mall or something. This one can also be pretty pricey.
- One that I'm going to try out later today: Go to the library. Usually my empty time is when the library is closed but tonight I think I'm going to have an hour or so alone (while Dan is at a tool party and I'm waiting to go out with the other girls). This also leads to the next point...
- Read a book in the car. I should find some more good public places to do things like this. I'm a fan of reading the newspaper and doing the crossword so I should check out some parks.
- Go to Hannelles. This is a really good one too. It's another home for me. If I know I'm going there the next morning I'll put off taking my shower until I get to her place so that I can use her girly soaps etc. Plus she's got a really good hair straightener. I can cook, read, use the internet or watch a movie there. The only problem is the time thing again. I would usually be there first thing in the morning when she would obviously be sleeping and I feel a tad guilty getting her out of bed early.
- Go to work early. I'm using this one tomorrow morning. I don't start till 8:00 but if I'm there at 7ish then I can slowly get started instead of being swamped right away.
- Drive the back roads. I like this one but feel guilty about burning the gas. There's a customer of mine who has the life that I want. He's got a gorgeous house, great gardens (veggies and cut flowers and perennials etc.), raises chickens (just enough so that when he butchers and sells them it pays for the whole process and they have yummy large organic free range chicken for the year) and just today I heard him talking about a catering thing he did. Anyways, he told me where he lives (they sell cut flowers and some veggies at a stand at the end of their house) and I've done the slow drive-by peek while trying not to be too creepy.

Wow, I didn't think I had that many options of things to do when killing time. I bet I could think of more too.
I just have a few more things to say that I forgot to put in my last post.
- Another really great thing about Monday was that Caleb mowed and swept the lawn of all the grass cuttings. Do you know how good that feels? I'm not usually the one that has to mow the lawn (because Dan says that he really wants to do it) but I do have to see it long a lot and when it is cut the grass clippings are so long and heavy that they make brown marks everywhere. It felt really great going to bed knowing that my house was clean (even the sink that mom scrubbed white), the grass was cut all the weeds around the trees whacked :) and there isn't even grass everywhere. thanks caleb!!
-Mike and Meghan (good friends of ours) are getting married on Friday. I'm super excited for them and I'm getting really excited about the wedding. They stopped by at work today and a co-worker of mine said they look really happy together. We named two of our ducks after them. The male duck is Mikey and the female duck with the black head is Meggy. Mikey and Meggy are going to be parents next week. cute eh?
-crap, there was one more thing but I forget what it is now....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so very exciting!! You do have an interesting life! I totally miss you! I'm pumped about going home and having a car so I can visit you! OH and it sounds like you have some great inlaws! :) ttyl!

6:33 p.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

Caleb swept the lawn? Out here in the wild west we call it raking.

9:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea we just call it child labour

1:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i love it when you come in the early morning! and if i'm too sleepy... i don't mind leaving you alone so i can get some more zzzz's :)

5:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home