Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I have beautiful friends. I checked my mail today and found an amazing Mexican lazagna recipe and a bag of cookies!! Isn't that so sweet? I know people like to give those care packages but I never do that so I never expect them either. It was a nice surprise. Thankyou, Sarah B.
This morning Dan woke up even sicker than he was yesterday so I ended up calling his foreman and telling him that Dan can't come in today. Really, I think it's a blessing in disguise. I love it when Dan is home. It makes for an unproductive environment but we both sit around, drinking tea and reading up on our favorite blogs, emails and news. Dan informed me that Sarah R wrote a new blog and like always it is beautiful and honest and inspiring. You should all read it.
This morning happens to be the warmest one yet this spring (isn't that exactly what I've been needing?) so I hung up a quilt on the line (I know its bad for fading but I really want to air it out) and washed two loads of laundry. Even though I'm living in the middle of a campus I decided to save $1.50 and hang my socks and underware outside to dry. I have no pride. I convinced Dan that sitting outside on the porch in my really nice chairs that I saved/stole would be good for him so we bonded for a bit. I'm off to work this afternoon which will be good (I don't mind working at the Beer Store) but I think I'm also working alone so good-luck running my but off trying to keep the line up down. I feel unproductive... but happy. sigh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling happy!!! It must be the weather cause so am i, I love nice weather!!! Tell dan i hope he feels better soon! Lots of love Cass

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger sarahNrutherford said...

Sick days are like rainy Sunday's... comfortable and cozy...an excuse to lay low... Wish I could have been there to play with your hair
lovelovelove

8:06 a.m.  
Blogger sarahNrutherford said...

oh yeah... Dan I'll play with your hair too
snicker

8:07 a.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

oh, and the weather is only getting better. I have since done another couple of loads of laundry including washing and drying all of our bedding on the line. mmm.
Sarah, soon enough, soon enough. And I'll hold you to those hair playing promises!! :)

10:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home