Thursday, February 23, 2006

Massages






So today, Hannelle, Coryn and I went and got our massages as recommended by islander82 at the Canadian Therapeutic College. What a day. It was super fun and so much more expensive than any of us wanted it to be but, like Coryn's dad pointed out, since we only go out like this once a year, it comes to about $2 a month which is soo good for a social life. I like that man. :) I figure, since $2 a month is nothing we should be able to do this again soon to make it $4 a month (which still isn't bad). The College is on a really cute street that none of us had really shopped before so we walked up and down the street enjoying the great weather (it was like it's spring already). We saw a great bead store and figured it would be so much fun to sit there at the table provided and put together some necklaces for ourselves. So much fun. And now we have something to show for the day.

Next we went to drop Coryn off at home but stopped by at a Greek restaurant to have a falafal for lunch finished off with milkshakes from the Williams across the road (anybody else agree that they have the best milkshakes?). So now that you've heard about the details of the day (what a boring blog!!), here's a quote that I found last night from my most wonderfully favorite author, David James Duncan.

True evangelism, based on the example of Jesus,does not suggest the "missionary zeal" of self-righteous proselytizers.It implies, on the contrary, the kind of all-embracinguniversality evident in Mother Teresa's prayer:"May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in." Not just [her] fellow nuns, Catholics, Calcuttans, Indians.The whole world.It gives me pause to realize that, were such a prayersaid by me and answered by God, I would afterward possess a heart so open that even hate-driven zealots would fall inside.

Duncan is a very strong protector of the environment through his writing and is speaks as a prophet against the the dangers of todays society and our governments. I love this man. He is also (obviously) so stronly opposed to the type of "hate-driven zealots" out there. Read The Brothers K or The River Why. Both of them talk about a search for God and a true picture of who God can be for people, whether they go to church or not. Baaah... i can't speak, write or think what I mean. He's just really good. Inspiring. and scary too. hmm.

Well, Enjoy. ta ta

Oh, and I had time to take some cute pictures of Chloe and I while we were waiting to pick dan up from his car pool.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! that was an awesome day! i feel so *happy* about my beautiful necklace :) i only wish i could have gotten a picture of you in your britney dress... sigh... so sexy!

9:02 a.m.  
Blogger Celena said...

What a cute dog!! *I finally found you* Hee hee! You look like you're a fun going kind of person!

11:50 a.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Celena, How in the world did you find me? Thats funny. Thanks for checking it out. And yes, the pup is pretty cute.

9:20 a.m.  
Blogger Celena said...

I'm a sleuth!

3:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm up to date!
-even followed your links, looks like you got caught snooping too, ha-ha
Anyway, I like reading your blogs. The pictures are worth a thousand words just by themselves. I've got to read more! Maybe I'll take 'The River Y' to San Diego, since that is where I found it in the first place.

5:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... I LOVE YOUR FREAKING DOG!

2:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home