Friday, February 10, 2006

Floss!!!

I finally had my much needed dentist appointment. I'm not afraid of dentists and usually enjoy the appointments (mostly because of the clean feeling afterwards). I hadn't had a dentist appointment in about 3-4 years so my teeth badly needed the cleaning. I didn't really enjoy this appointment though. Supposedly they have a new thing to bite on when you get your teeth x-rayed. You know the cardboard that you bite on on either side of your mouth? Well this piece is a third piece that is the most painful torture device i've ever seen. And I bit it!! It's just a longer piece of cardboard that fits in the front of your mouth so that they can see the ends of the roots. Well, I have this thing in my mouth called a TONGUE that got in the way. The cardboard cuts into the flap of skin under your tongue that holds your tongue in your mouth. I almost cried and I was the one that was hurting myself! Well, with that part over with the dentist came in and cleaned my teeth. I know I should floss more often but I don't. I heard over and over from the dentist that I NEED to floss more. Supposedly the chunk that fell out of my tooth was due to a cavity that is now bigger and I have a cavity on the opposite side of my mouth in the same spot. This has been such a disturbing dentist appointment. I think that part of the reason why I've always like dentists is that they have always raved about my teeth. I always have great teeth and this dentist didn't seem too like how i'd been taking care of them. sigh. I can't be proud of my mouth anymore. how embarrassing.
In other news, Beer Store politics are stupid. I love my store and the people that I work with but the higher ups take their jobs WAY too seriously. Every year or so they juggle all the stores around and change the locations of the managers and full-timers. The full-timer, Andrea, who works at our store lives just down the road and often walks to work. Her husband and kids come in all the time and its just such a nice location. Our store happens to be the worst store to work at in our entire district because it is so old and even has dirt floors still, hence its a dirty store too. Nobody wants to manage the store but Andrea doesn't mind because it's so close to home. So what do the higher ups do? They move her to the store the furthest away!! I don't get it. Don't companies want their employees to be happy. She has to get daycare for her kids now when she's at work and they are home from school. Crazy. We'll miss her at our store. She's never power-trippy and always tries to give us exactly the hours we want. And she's never bugged me to work on a Sunday since she's also a Christian.
Anyways, i've got to get ready for work since it takes me close to an hour to get their by bus!! grr.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... they always harass me to floss too and I refuse to do it. Anyways, forget it. You have beautiful teeth! :)

2:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home