Monday, February 13, 2006

Religous Leader Interview

Here's my rant:
For my world religions class we are supposed to interview a religous leader of a different religion. Understandably I was a little nervous but I was also looking forward to it. How often, in my little bubble of a life, do I meet or talk with someone of another religion, let alone about their religion. So last week I did some research and found a Hindu temple in the area. A few questions were asked in class about where students could go. The professor wasn't sure if there was a temple in the area but I told him there was and relayed the info to the class. A classmate, who has a vehicle, and I, planned from the beginning to do this together so he came over after class and I called them. Through a really broken conversation I made an appointment with a leader there for today at 10:00. I was getting ready this morning and when my friend got here we called the temple to ask for the address but then were told that actually, three other students had been by and so could we please just get the info from then. And that I could come to a Friday worship session and could ask all the questions I want then. Great. So my interview got canceled because some other students got there first, after I told them where it was! Dan says that I shouldn't have told anyone about the place. He's pretty pissed saying that I should even email these other students and say how rude it was for them to go there and get the interview before me pulling the rug from under my feet. grr. To top it off, our second option for a paper was to do a small research paper. I was thinking that I could to it on the Bhagavad Gita, a Vedic text that I happen to have. My friend that was going to do the interview with me was pretty freaked out about what he's going to do now so... stupid me, I gave him my second option, even lending him my text. Why do I do this? I think I'm going to do it on the Bhagavad Gita anyways. I've actually got one other option up my sleeve but we'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home