Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love (not titled so because today is Valentines Day)

So I was thinking about purposeful acts of love these last couple of days (maybe because of Valentines day?) and I was wondering how many acts of love are really purposefully to show someone love. Mostly my own acts of love are being pondered here. I know that there was a Friends episode that was about this when Phoebe (?) was going crazy trying to do a selfless act; something that did not give back to her in any way, whether in feeling good about it or as a reward. What kinds of things do I do to show love? Clean the apartments. Wait. no, that is for my own sanity. Make meals. Nope. That is so that I can eat something too. Even my purposeful acts of love are out of self pity ('look at how much love i'm giving... boo hoo') or pride. Maybe I'm just in a rut right now and am having good memories blocked from my brain. Who knows. Maybe this is a personal wake up call to be more selfless and love some more. I just want to be self-pitying right now.
In other news: I'm going to work right now and am meeting my new store supervisor. He seems cool. He's a neat freak. When I called this morning he called darling ("when you get here everything will be alright, darling"). hm... interesting. We'll see how this one turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home