Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday

I'm starting to get myself motivated again. I feel like I'm getting things done.
Chloe has been having some problems with allergies (I think) because she was scratching herself bloody in some areas (mostly her ears). I didn't want to go to a vet for that b/c i t seemed like a waste of time and (especially) money to do that. I decided to change her food (mostly because her farts stink) and see if that works. I know that you're supposed to change their food gradually but I didn't bother since if it was an allergy then we can fix the problem right away and Chloe has been a pretty resiliant dog so far. Both the farts and the scratching has gone away so hopefully that works but in the mean time, I asked Celena about what she would do (as a fellow dog owner) and she wrote up a blog on it. Lots of people commented giving there suggestions too. I ended up calling my vet just because I'll be in the area this weekend and thought I should ask if she needs anymore shots. Turns out she still needs one of her boosters and a rabbies vaccination yet. oops. So I've got an appointment for her on Monday (which is really nice because then I can stay an extra day at mom and dads. I mean "can I stay an extra day, mom and dad?"). Speaking of Chloe, I have been letting her get into some bad habits. We have been really lucky with her. She never chews up shoes, house trained immediately an doesn't like the couch. Sometimes when I've been cuddly, I've pulled her up onto the couch with me but she would always hop off as soon as I let go of her. Well, not anymore. We have been pushing her off the couch for the last two days. I caved last night while I was snoozing on the couch.














And this morning, while I was doing the dishes, she quietly disappeared. After glancing at a few of her fav. snoozing places, this is where I found her:




What a guilty looking dog. Luckly, she jumped off a few minutes later on her own. I think deep down she doesn't like it but she knows she's not supposed to so she wants to.






I've been really slacking with my thesis paper that I have to write this semester. I should have so much more done by now. I barely have my topic chosen. After some inspiration from Prof. Stephenson, I decided I want to write about the use of spirituality in therapy as it is being newly rediscovered by the clinical field. At first I thought it might be hard to research and there wouldn't be much out there. Now (since doing some research for Prof. Stephenson on the same issue) I realize I have way to broad of a subject. In the meantime I've been dodging around the school trying to avoid my thesis prof. He found me. I saw him in the office on Wednesday and felt soooo guilty I had a shitty day for the rest of the day. I saw him again on Thursday and this time decided to do something about it. He is there for us students to bring as many rough drafts of our thesis to as we want. I can ask him about research issues, focus issues, editing, anything. And I haven't brought anything to him yet!! And he probably assumes I've just been doing it on my own. Little does he know (who am I kidding, he knows), I have hardly started. So, I went to his office and set up an appointment for next week Thurs. to bring him whatever I have. I've got the car on Monday so after the vet, I'll head back to Hamilton and go to McMaster's library, pick up some books from a list I've already got (pat myself on the back) and browse/power read as much as I can by Thursday. Maybe this weekend I'll also look at some online journals. eek. I'm so embarrassed and nervous that I am going to work my but off until then to have as much as I can for him. Good motivation, eh? I warned him that I wouldn't have much but at least he'll help me work on direction. And I'll be working on it now, right? I mean, I know people that had less at this stage. I'm in way over my head.
Next, I saw a friend/aquaintance at the school who I hadn't seein in a while. She's a girl I worked with this summer who started going to Redeemer this year. She's a pianist and teaches kids to play piano so, just for the heck of it, I decided to ask if she wanted to teach me. So there's another appointment. Tues. at 4:00 for half an hour I've got my first piano lesson in years. I don't know if I'm starting too many things but I know that if I don't have anything started than I won't do anything. I need pressure to get anything done. Besides, I desperatly need a hobby. Something that I love. Dan has aux. that he loves doing. I want something that I love doing. Something that I can talk about with people, where I can meet other people. Something that I enjoy and am proud of. I don't really think that piano is going to be it but it might give me another hobby and who knows where that will go.
So I feel motivated for this coming week, and I haven't even started my weekend yet. This feels good. now, if I can get my place cleaned before we leave, all will be half straightened in my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Celena said...

I don't know if you noticed, but Belinda left a good comment..

6:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of coarse you can stay 'till Monday. Just beware! This is my report card weekend and I'm already a day behind on my to-do list. And!!! ..I have no excuse, Dad has been away so no distractions.

9:43 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Mom, Dad has been away so that is an excellent distraction... you were a single woman for a week, that's exciting.
Celena, I know... i read it but I haven't checked out the website yet. It still looks really expensive. I mean, I love my dog but... I don't need to pamper her.

9:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie
Gosh, I know how it is about that thesis advisor you speak of. Whenever I see him, I want to run away. Speaking of which, I have a private entry on livejournal that only friends that are logged in can read. If you sign on to livejournal (even if you don't write in it - just have an account so you can sign in), you can read my "private" entries. Like, you can get details about dates with stupid boys! :)

8:04 p.m.  
Blogger Peter said...

hmm looks like you have a nice dog there...Striking resemblance to Dan though, wouldn't you say?! You know the brown/orange hair colour, lazin on the couch with you?!! Ya I think so!

1:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home