Monday, March 27, 2006

Spider Solitaire

I finally won a spider solitaire game at the most difficult level. True, it took me 255 moves but I still won!!!! I love the game. I can't help it. I even play when we're watching TV sometimes. I think that there must be a gene that predetermines how easily addicted to something you can get. There have been games in the past that I puposefully avoided putting on this new laptop because I know that nothing would get done. Last semester when I was just about committed to an institution because of crazy school stress and yet was still playing solitaire, Dan threatened to delete the program from the computer. I freaked! And then started begging. And then started threatening. And he only just mentioned it. I felt like a paranoid alcoholic. But I still love the game. I don't know what I would do without it. (yikes, do I need help?)
Reading through an email from my sister, I realized that there is only 2-3 weeks left of school. a;lsfkjd jlak fds;lk fdask;ljk
breath
breath
;ladskfj;a
breath

So I'm not going to think about it. Instead, I'm going to work my but off. If I think about it some more, I'm going to freak again so encouragement and motivation is welcome, but please don't ask me about it, it only freaks me out and blocks my brain. And don't take offense if do snap at you.
Besides the incredible amount of school stress, my personal family/life stress has been piling on at the same time. Thanks. What good timing. I think Dan deserves some sort of trophy or something when all this is over in a month or two. He's putting up with a lot right now. And he's getting a cold and he's the sickest person in the world when he gets a cold.
In other news, Dan and I are moving. I'm super excited. It's the only thing I can think about right now and be excited about. I am planning my garden and even how/when i'm going to do my freezing and canning. I know that sounds old fashioned and like too much work but it makes me excited. I like it. As my plans become more concrete, in terms of the garden, what, where and how, I am going to post about it and feel free to give suggestions and helping tips.
On Friday night I had a nightmare. I hardly ever remember or wake up from dreams and can't remember the last time I had a nightmare so it was really bizarre. Looking back on it I feel a bit silly but you know how it is waking up petrified. Dan was on Aux. that night so I had called him to say goodnight and then went to sleep. I woke up with my eyes still closed. I can't remember what the nightmare was about but I know it was filled with demons. Normally, after a nightmare I can just talk myself out of it rationally but how do you rationalize demons?! I was so petrified. I didn't want to open my eyes because I was afraid of what I would see but I really wanted to know what time it was because maybe Dan woud be home soon. I finally peaked open my eyes only to find out that I had just been sleeping for an hour and he wouldn't be home for another 5-6. I didn't know what prayer words to form so I just thought about God's love and protection and then, for some reason, at 1:30 in the morning, I heard a bird singing outside my window. Isn't that Awesome? That was all I needed to fall asleep again and when I woke up again, Dan was sleeping with me. I snuck out of bed, had a productive morning and then enjoyed a nice long afternoon with Dan cleaning our car. Sigh. A happy ending.

4 Comments:

Blogger CeCe said...

I know how you feel about growing and canning and such.. I have this strong urge to start baking my own bread! Not like just baking A LOAF of bread, but ALWAYS baking my bread. We'll see if it actually happens though. And as far as gardening goes, I don't know if we should take the chance in doing a veggie garden this year if we're just going to move! But who knows if we'll actually sell this stupid house!

3:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. I am in stress-mode too. If you ever think it would be helpful to hang out and do something fun, please let me know. I'll be moving in May and I don't know when I will see you again. :(

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger sarahNrutherford said...

Praise God from whom all creatures flow.....

I was outside your window making chirping noises...I knew you would appreciate it...I also do monkey noises. What can I say? God made me special!

9:40 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

cece: I agree. I asked Dan for a bread maker for Christmas. He got me a dog instead but I still think a bread maker would be fun. My mom makes the dough in the bread maker and then bakes it in a bread pan. I like that idea.
Coryn: thanks for checking up on this blog even though we'll end up talking about it later :)
Sarah B: I am really looking forward to Tuesdays supper. And especially now that I have less than half the stress
Sarah R: you and your funny noises. I should have known. I wish I knew. I would have invited you in for some tea.

10:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home