Saturday, April 01, 2006

I want to say thankyou to everyone who has been praying for me this semester. You have probably all gotten the feeling that my thesis hasn't been going very well and that it has been too stressful of an issue to talk about. Well, yesterday I made the decision to drop the thesis. I feel very good about this. This means that I will still be graduating with two degrees, a religions and a psychology degree, but my psych. degree will not be honours. I called Tyndale first and asked them how this would affect my application. I was told it wouldn't. I need a 65% (which I definitely have) to get in. I don't need an honours degree or a thesis. This was something that I wanted to do since I thought I needed it for grad school. It was also a bit of a pride thing for me. Me? An honours student?? I'm not the best or smartest students so this would be a feat for me. I do feel a little bit disappointed that I am not accomplishing the honours degree because of that pride but I know that I did all the other courses at honours level marks!! That's huge for me. And I don't regret taking those courses either. They were some of my favorites and really will make a difference for me in grad school. At first I was also worried about regretting this decision. Will I? Ten years from now, will I look back and regret not doing that thesis? Answer: probably not. Once I'm in grad school, that is what will make the difference. I still feel very good about my chances for getting into Tyndale. I am also able to write my thesis at anytime and still change my undergraduate degree to an honours degree. I actually do feel very good about this. I really could not finish the thesis with any kind of self-control that I could force in the next week and a half. I am excited. I'm graduating. I'm happy about that and soon life will be moving on!!!! Yeah!!! And I feel REALLY ready to leave Redeemer. Don't get me wrong. It was a great university. I'm glad I stayed the extra year but I'm really ready for it to all be over now.
The last concern that I have about all of this is... I'm worried about other people being disappointed in me. I know that this is my own decision and that only I can make it but I feel that my family and friends' opinions are important. I wouldn't change my mind because of them but I would like to know that you all still support me.
Thank you again for the prayers. It really is a blessing to hear that you have been praying. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

3 Comments:

Blogger CeCe said...

Well, I'm impressed!

5:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not disappointed. I'm proud of you!

12:40 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks guys!!

2:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home