Monday, September 17, 2007

houses and soups

I'm back from N.S. and life has been a slow twirl since then. I say slow because I feel the winter blues setting in already (even though the leaves haven't even changed colours yet) and the future feels like its just going to drag on. It has been a twirl though since I've been working a lot since I've come back and went camping this last weekend. It was definately a cold weekend since the temperature went down to at least 8c. both nights.
I've got the cleaning bug in me. I don't really want to clean my house so much as get together with a sister or mom or friend and just go at eachothers houses. I even bought all the cleaning supplies that both Mom W. and Cass prefer to clean with.... I even got ammonia for the windows (???).
Dan and I went to Mike and Arlenes to hang out last night. Arlene was on a night shift so she wasn't there but we had a good time anyways. Time goes so fast there. Well, Mike tells us that there's a house around the corner from his place - a real fixer uper. Dan and I definately aren't in the house market and both feel like it wouldn't be a good thing just right now but boy oh boy.... am I dreaming now! I just LOVE this house. It is just what I want. I don't know so much for Dan but I can't stop thinking about it. We went and saw it. I don't know if anyone was living there but we snooped around anyway. It does need work but the house is strait. It doesn't have a lot of property but there is nothing but field and bush behind it. It's across the road from a dairy farm but cow sh*t never bothered me... the fly sh*t might though. The land is probably more clay than where I am now but it isn't that bad. Get this, there's even a chicken coop beside the house! No barn. But there's a really good silo (don't know what you could do with that). The mls # is H265909. It's about a 5 min. drive from where we live now so its still far from both families but i bet I can't hear much traffic. What can I say... I'm in love. I'm thinking of asking to have a walk through. Really, I'm not being serious about any possibilities but I sure am enjoying the dreaming. Here's what Dan and mike say: it has an old cistern, propane heating, likely no insulation.... there's a big list but who cares, its fun right? sigh
As a change of subject, here's another thing I've been thinking about: soup. Really, I'm not much of a soup lover. There's nothing really wrong with it but I never choose to make or order soup. I think I overdosed on Oma/Sunday soup when I was young. But I've been trying to find recipes that call for lots of tomatoes and peppers and Cass sent me an amazing recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. Oh, it is sooo good. There's lots of versions out there so it would be easy to find. I've got lunch portions all ready in the fridge for the next couple days but I think i'm going to eat one when I get home already. Its soooo good. Cass also sent me a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Feta soup so ... I don't know, I might have to try that one too. mmm. The fun thing is, I'm finding that I have a lot of the ingredients in my garden, including the onions and spices. It feels super home grown.
Well, I've got lots of surfing to do, including Caleb's new blog and my new facebook site, to check out yet so I'm off. Really, check out the house at MLS. Even if you just tell me its a waste of my time, I want to hear what you think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole you are going to have to give me that recipe this week ok! I'm on a recipe binge right now.

5:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are funny on your recipe binge!! Sarah it is on the net here google this (Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup - Allrecipes) and you can have the recipe to plus i will e-mail it too you!! Speaking of recipes nicole did you ever get the ones i sent you in the mail?
Oh i looked up your house - it looks really cute but what can i say hmmm i think for now it is a good dream!! It is expensive, you and dan would have to pay some where between $600 and $700 in morgage payments a month, and then you have to pay property taxes, utilizes ect. ect. but all that being said if you and dan really really want somthing go after what you want make it work!!!!
Anyways lots of love cass
Cheers

9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home