Saturday, November 10, 2007

Another work day and more pics

The work day at Amy's inspired me to have a work day at Larissas. Her and James have been trying to get their place cleaned up and spruced up since they bought it a year ago. I don't know if it was a good idea but I offered the help of Mom W. and I (and Larissas M.I.L) and we got to work on her kitchen cupboards. It didn't take me long to remember how crappy kitchen cupboards are. I don't know why I thought I could do it again. I forgot how crappy of a painter I am. Anyways, 6.5 hours later and the first coat is finished. We'll do the second coat in a couple of weeks. Larissa is preggo too so we can't have her in the room or house while we're doing the painting. This post is going in circles... I must have been around too many paint fumes.


Here's some pictures to tell you a few stories since my words are sounding garbled to me:

Mom W. and I painting. I know I look funny here but I'm bent over sideways trying to paint under the cupboard. We're painting black over that blue (in case you can't tell).


Sorry this picture is sideways... i'm bad at that. This is Amy and Joel. Putting their bellies together was his idea. I love Joel! He's just like my mom. Perfect for Amy.
Guess who's eating more boeter coek (spelling???)!
That's it for now. See yas all later.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't beliewe that you would willing paint kitchen cupboards -again. The paint fumes from a few weeks ago must have really got to your brain. Nice for Larissa though, and fun for you to work with the Wikks.
...I'm starting to look at my own cupboards. Never mind! I'll just shut the doors.

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Alisha said...

Are you sure Larissa isn't just trying to get out of work?? Frank and I have been painting lots since I've been pregnant and there is no risk. Most paints are safe now.

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger Larissa said...

You're gonna have a flipper kid lol..i'm just joking. Oil based paints are not good for a pregnant person. I've been painting with latex because that's not bad, but oil is brutal. I think that my doctor and your doctor have a lot of conflicting information....

6:11 p.m.  
Blogger Alisha said...

lol, I didn't know you are using oil based paint... my bad :)

6:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea mom - shut the doors and don't think about it!! Cause i still remember the painting and the fumes and how bad of a painter i was!!! But.. mike said he could of done our job in half the time we did it so.... I will volunteer him!!! hee hee he
Hope you all have a great day!!

10:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home