Monday, April 03, 2006

Growing

I can't believe how happy spring and growing things is making me. Maybe its just general spring happiness but is accentuated after all that winter blues. Really its the growing the garden and planning my chickens that is making me excited. Even growing a puppy is making me happy. I've been inside all day (except for the odd jaunt out to the garden so Chloe can dump off her load there) and from the inside it looks pretty cold and grey out. Well I sure was mistaken. Or was I? I don't know. After I made Chloe whine for a good hour, I finally took a break from my spring cleaning (I'm spring cleaning!!?!) and go for a walk. I wore my winter coat but when I got outside it was soooo warm. The wind was a really warm summer breeze in my face. Yet the sky looked cold and grey. hmm... A few minutes into my walk, I noticed that the breeze was a cool refreshing temperature that I would expect it to be. Then, I noticed that really, I was getting two different breezes. It was soooo bizarre.. I actually commented to Chloe and I hate talking to animals (It feel sooo stupid). It was like someone opened a giant oven every once in a while, you know, like when you check the cookies and you get a quick breeze of hot sweet air. This wind even was a bit sweet. It was awesome! Of course this also meant that I was in for a big storm. Sure enough, I got stuck in some rain half way through my walk but.... I LOVED IT. It was soo nice. It wasn't too cold and it just made my heart all happy knowing that my tulips and everything else is growing. The grass is getting greener and everything is growing around me. I love thunder storms. I look forward to spring partly for the display that we get. As I'm typing, the window (the only one we have) is open and the thunder is booming and the odd lightning is flashing. I love it.
In 2 hours Dan is coming home and we are going out to help some friends move out. They are the ones whose house we are actually going to be moving in. We'll be moving in the rain!! We'll see how this goes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring cleaning???? What is that??? I thought it was a myth. Apparently something you and Oma both get. Hope it isn't contageous. It was a beautiful day though. The temperature surprised me too.
mom

8:08 p.m.  
Blogger CeCe said...

I love storms too! But the last time I moved, it was in the rain, and hubby and I got SOOOO sick! DON'T GET SICK!

10:46 p.m.  
Blogger sarahNrutherford said...

Hey
Speaking of jealousy. I am jealous I am not there to see things grow, wander around gardens and move your mother's pottery out of the cupboard, and into new cupboards.
pout...pout

But I booked my tickets:)
Love love love

1:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad it's freaking SNOWING now.

3:45 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

mom - I'm not REALLY spring cleaning. I'm actually just doing the cleaning that should be done every week but gets done about once a season around here.
Celena - what a wierd storm that was. Fortunately for the moving part, it was just a quick storm that moved on very fast. We were able to move them out and stay dry. (and now its ours!!!)
Sarah - hmm... what to do about that pottery. I want you to be a part of this in some way. Maybe I'll call you out of bed when we're packing up the pottery and chat with you then.

4:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home