Friday, September 08, 2006

Ingersoll, Sept 8-10

Here we are again. I feel like I haven't seen these people in ages. It could be because of our unavailability lately. I'm hearing grumblings about how impossible we are to get a hold of lately. Yes, we're busy but I can't even think of what it is that we're so busy doing. We work... and I don't know what else. There's a whole post coming about my day at the new school.
Oh I love coming to Ingersoll. Its a mix of a whole bunch of things. I could be in the middle of the craziest busy schedule, that includes coming here, but as soon as we get here the schedule stops. Life pauses and the only thing that we do is whatever we feel like. It could get a bit boring for Dan but this weekend he has a bit of a schedule (firearms re-qualification). I love the people. Sarah is home for the weekend before she goes to Kenya. Yikes, Kenya! She's got a blog started up for that if you want to check it out. It's not really up and running but it should be by next week. It's like a bed and breakfast here. There's a lot of relaxing.. a lot of eating... a LOT of talking... and this time, not too much drinking. Dan's cut me off.
I was done working by 2:00 and so we got to town nice and early. Early enough to drop in quickly on mom's grade 1 class. She has a great class this year. They are super cute passive good kids. After Dan suggested that you should eat boogers on "green" day and got in a tiff with a little girl about what her name was we left and got home while Dad was finishing up mowing the lawn. It was just enough time to unpack and relax before Cass and my long lost sister, Sarah, came home. The night has been a loud tornado of fun since then. We ate supper, went out for icecream and had Wilma over to show us pictures of the latest grandchild.
Tomorrow morning we're getting up early to get Timmies and then go grocery shopping. I'm looking forward to it but at the same time, right here and now, by the fire, sipping a drink and enjoying the internet (finally!!) is wonderful. I love it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so great to have you home too. I don't worry if Dan is bored anymore. It is so fun listening to your life, sharing laughs, having you help me with whatever. Then when everyone is here...wow, I don't need to do anything but laugh and enjoy. A weekend is too short. I am already sad that the house will empty on Monday.

10:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm reading old blogs. Wow my life must be boring. Next weekend is Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to another "Ingersoll, Sept 8-10". It will be lonely without Sarah, and you will have HOMEWORK! We'll have to think of something really new and interesting to do.
Love you lots. MOM

5:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home