Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Look, I can do this

It hasn't even been a week and look... I'm blogging again. It is definately harder to blog at the Library. The ladies are whispering, giggling and gossiping in front of me, a mother with a few kids walked by stinking of diapers and one of them just started screaming. Those of you who have the internet at home, count your blessings!
Dan and I are having a big engagement party at our place on Friday and I'm getting excited about it. I think Mom W. is more nervous than excited but I think it'll be a blast. I'm probably more excited about having people over and showing our place to them. The garden looks 50x better this week then it did last week. Mom W. came over for a visit but dragged me to the garden to pull out the giant weeds that had taken over. I still have lots of weeding to do between the rows but I don't think that will ever end. I weeded between the wax beens, leeks and tomatoes today. They really needed it. The onions that I planted didn't really come up (unless you count the four that are struggling on different sides of the garden). I've already cut two broccoli heads and have two more even bigger ones just about ready. One of my cauliflower's is almost totally eaten :( but the ones beside it don't look so bad. The wax beens look great! While weeding I saw a few small ones that look like tiny green beens still but their coming. The leeks don't look like much but mom warned me that they don't really look great until Aug. sometime. The tomatoes definately need staking really good now. I think I have more roma tomatoes than I wanted but I don't know yet. They just look like roma's now but they are still small and green. Mom gave me a few extra plants that I planted just for the the heck of it but don't really eat. Both the zuchinni and eggplant look great. They are growing great and i'm already trying to get rid of zuccini... and I don't like either vegetable. I think the first planting of corn is ready because i can see the hairy looking stuff and some of it is even growing brown already. The second planting looks good but the third planting, which i did at an unbelievably late date (July 1) is growing like crazy. It's only been 10 days and I can easily see them all growing inches by the day. (If I were at home writing this, I would pause to get a glass of water or a cup of tea, but, alas, I will continue with a dry mouth)
At one point yesterday, Dan went outside and called Chloe to him. She was running over and then went back to pick something up and then ran to Dan. She dropped something at his feet as if so proud of what she found... what was it? A potato!!! That's right! She was digging in the garden and dug up one of my potatoes. :( I freaked! Luckily she was only digging at the edge of the garden and only slightly uncovered one other small potato. I think they are ready though. Mom and Dad are going to come over with the tarp for the party on Thurs. or Friday so mom said she will give me some more tips then. I left my memory stick at Hannelle's otherwise I would be taking some good pictures of the garden.
Dan came home from work an hour early today. I guess he had something in his eye last night already (not that I knew of) but by the time he came home his eye was all red and watery. He tried all sorts of things to get rid of it but nothing worked. He thinks it's embedded. The speck is on the colour part of his eye. So... we went to the hospital in town here and I left him in the emerg. to see what they can do about it. He's slightly worried because his co-worker just had this and they had to put a needle in his eye to freeze it before they could get it out. eeahahahghha I'm so disgusted. I don't think I'm being much of a support right now. I'll have to take him out for icecream after for my Oma Moeke's birthday (a tradition of having icecream on my great-grandmothers birthday). So that's my news for the week.
I just finished reading a book called "Fall on your knees" and I just picked up new novel. I forget what this one is called though. I have "The Kite Runner" waiting on my dresser for when I'm done this one. I'll have a report for you all soon with news of how the party went soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger CeCe said...

hurray for updates!

6:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole, what if you get a memory stick, write your blog at home, go to the library and paste it in. I don't know if your library has a port for a memory stick though.
Just a thought.

7:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about your lack of memory card :( and hey -- fall on your knees? you forgot to tell the world how wonderful it was! :)
love you!
hannelle*

6:49 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Celena, i'm glad you still checked for updates. What a faithful reader!!
Mom, Yah, I inquired but they say i'm not allowed. And the library isn't wireless so I can't take my laptop here to email.
Hannelle, I really want to get a post started for my book reports. I have a few coming. Maybe I'll just start it. It was such a sad book though. I don't want to promote it... and "I know this much is true" isn't much better so far. My next one is going to be "A Heartbreaking work of staggering genius" Look it up,... really. I read a few prologue words and found it great!!

7:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still say that you're my hero.

11:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home