Saturday, April 22, 2006

Where have I been?

It's not snowing anymore!! We're having normal spring weather. Actually, we're having above average temperature weather but there's still lots of rain which is good.
Dan and I moved last Saturday and we aren't hooked up to the internet there yet (soon though) or have long distance phone service yet (which is why I haven't been calling some of you). I have one paper and a final exam to do yet and that will be all finished by Wednesday. The Beer Store that I work at now said that if I stay there they will train me to open so that I get whatever hours I need to be able to car pool with Dan as long as I don't transer (I'm so wanted!!). So on thurs. I sart my 8-4 shifts. I think that will work out great.
I've noticed at the new house how much of an extrovert I am. This doesn't mean that I'm all hyper and centre of attention but that I get my energy from being around other people. I need other people. The first morning I woke up in the new house Dan was gone, I had no car, I was in the country and I wouldn't see Dan till around 6:00. AAACKK. I freaked out a little bit and called a friend that lived close by to see if she wanted to do something. Unfortunately she was busy and I had to just deal with it. After 3 days like that I started to get used to it but still can't wait to see my grumpy Dan when he gets back from work. Evenings are fun though. It's been so warm and light out that we stay outside doing odd things around the property. I've got lots of pics too. I pulled up my tulips that I planted last year and was going to miss if I left them at the apartment. I wasn't sure if they would bloom but....




I think it's gonna work. They aren't the happiest looking tulips but i think they might bloom yet.









I also ordered my chickens. I'm getting 5 ready-to-lay chickens on Wednesday. I'm super excited about them. This is where we're going to keep them.




It's a lean-to on the back of the barn. All that junk has to be moved (it's got a place. yes we are keeping the junk... just in case we need wood... sometime...). The chicken wire at the front there was chicken wire that I have seen in the same spot, rolled up, at Redeemer for the last year so I thought, hey, I'm gonna take that, maybe it'll be useful. And I think it will be. Here's a question. Can I just stretch out the chicken wire in front of the lean-to or do I have to give them some space outsite too? A foot or two?
I have posted lots of pics on our flickr site. I don't know if others can see it though. Here's the url but I'm not sure if it will work for everyone. Tell me if it doesn't and how to make it work if you know. Enjoy!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Sorry, guys. I wrote this on Sat. and thought that I published it but I must have saved it as a draft by mistake. Well, since writing this I figured out how to link to my flickr account.
Enjoy

9:41 a.m.  
Blogger CeCe said...

Hey. I suggest you let them go outside during the day, but if you just want to keep them in the lean-to at night, that should be enough space. In the winter you'll need to make it more weather proof, I would think. Don't forget to make smaller nesting boxes.

2:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think keeping them in for the first night or so would be a good idea so they can identify with their new home a bit. Like cece says give them a bit of a place to lay eggs.Collect them as often is practical before they learn to eat them. Anything up a bit that looks nesty will work. Also a perch not high off the ground would be good. After a couple of days let them run around the property, but watch out for dogs and coons and all kinds of other predators that will want to kill them. Good luck. HiLo Dad

9:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole! Good to see that things are coming together. I got tulips for my birthday and I'm going to plant them in Annette's graden since I don't think they'll be happy in a pot for a month, then on a plane.

I'm here all day (Wednesday) so maybe I'll see you. Good luck on the cognitive psych exam!

10:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we want to see the chickens!!!
hannelle*

11:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show me the chickens!!!
mom

7:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home