Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sorry, no pictures yet

So here's my dilema. I have a ton of pictures (especially ones of the beautiful garden) on my memory stick but there isn't a port on the computers here at the library for a memory stick. So, I could burn all the pictures on a disc with my computer at home and bring that here but isn't that a waste of cd's? Maybe I'll still manage it once in a while with a trip to Redeemer, my parents or Dan's parents.
I'm in the middle of registering for my courses at Tyndale. I was excited for starting a program at a new school that would hopefully not be as messed up as Redeemer. The whole administration and registration departments at Redeemer were so frustrating. Add the business office to that. You could spend hours running from department to department trying to solve one tiny problem because of all the B.S. Even professors were screwed around by them. I know that prof. Stephenson ended up buying her own bookshelves in the office because someone had ordered the wrong size. How retarded is that?! Well, so far, it turns out that Tyndale isn't going to be any less of a headache. Here's my first wall I've run up against: my program guide shows that I have 10 courses I have to take each year. There is a max. of 4 courses that I can take each semester so that leaves 2 more to be taken .... when? Well, there is a one week intensive called intersession when some courses are offered. This is for the first week in January (This year it starts Jan. 2 already!). Well, all the 6 courses that are offered during intersession are none of the courses that I need!!! So that leaves summer courses. Well they don't have even a draft ready or thought of for which courses they will be doing next semester. So you tell me how I'm supposed to plan out and register for 8 of the 10 courses I need in the next year when I don't know the courses I can make up in the summer!!!!!ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Soooo frustrating. I did find out that there is one distance ed. course that I can start taking right now that will count as this past summer and so I can take 4 in Sept. yet. The problem with that is in need the $990 to pay for it first before they give me the handy dandy CD that the course is on (no internet needed, cool eh?). I know things will work out though. They have through the last 5 years at Redeemer. And life is good right now. My garden is really starting to produce. I've got zuccini, yellow wax beans, broccoli and peppers that I've already started eating. Well, I haven't actually eaten the pepper yet but it's ready and picked. I've frozen 3 large bags of broccoli and it's almost done now. The cauliflower is about ready to go too.
Mom and Dad came over last Thurs. to rototill the garden and it looks amazing!! It was so wonderful to have all those people come on Friday (for the engagement party) and have something to show them. I would have been embarrassed if I had to excuse all the leftover weeds that I hadn't picked yet since mom W. came over. I got so many comments and was even doing tours of my strait rows with the lantern when it got dark. The party was great. There were tons of people there. Over 60 at least. Because there were so many people, they all ended up splitting up into groups and so the people that knew e/o of course ended up sticking together. That ended up in a pretty cliquy party but they all seemed to be having fun so that worked out. Silly me, I didn't get any pictures. We had mom and dad Z's tarp up so there was lots of shelter and shade from the crazy heat. The lights looked good all strung up and we had some candles around. Unfortunately this led to the most horrible onslaught of mosquito's. Maybe i've had worse in one evening before in my life but it's not likely. Some people (with babies) even went home because they just weren't letting up. I hope mosquito spray doesn't turn out to be cancerous because we were all swimming in it (even though it didn't really work).
I saw a flyer in our mail yesterday offering wireless internet to rural areas for $50 a month. This doesn't include installation and a whole bunch of fees, I'm sure. I thought about it for a sec and then threw out the ad. It was tempting though.
That's all for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wireless internet. Well it is coming soon. I know you would love it, I would too. I love reading your blogs

11:18 a.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks Coryn. I know you're out there still and we haven't forgotten about you either. This weekend will be a blast.

3:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole i'm thinking of you and hoping and praying that thing's work out for you with tyndale. You can do it!!!! I believe in you!

1:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... I'm sorry I didn't keep up with your blog this summer. I feel awful. I didn't realize you were writing in it, but I should have checked.

11:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home