Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A few quick minutes

Here I am at the library again. Dan is picking me up in about 10 min. so I only have a few to give you a quick update.
Things aren't too busy or too boring.
Dan and I went to mom and dad Z's for the weekend. We had a wedding to go to on Saturday and I wanted some quality mom time so we went home Friday. I'm happy we did! We were pampered the hilo way (Hilo is the name of our family homestead.... kinda odd once I think of it). They took us out for dinner with their/our good friends, Jasper and Wilma. The restaurant is a fancy shmancy one so I enjoyed the special dinning (although Hilo has just as good of meals).
Oh, here's Dan....
I'll have to make it short:
Lots to eat,
Lots to drink,
Got rid of two chickens,
Got to stay till Monday afternoon,
Dad brought me to Dan's job site and I got to show off
Had a day off yesterday
Baked,
Cooked,
Planted,
Didn't clean,
Going home to a messy house.
Oh well, It'll warm and clean itself up quickly.
Lots of love!
Think about Christmas!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh Nicole!!! Love your blogs, i got the gist of it!! Sorry i missed you maybe another day!!
Lot of love

10:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole, We enjoyed having ya for a day or so. Enjoyed the drive back. Was real impressed with Dans job. After talking with him about his experiences pulling big wire I went home and threw another weeks wages for three guys on the job I was quoting!!! The rooster ya left here is called Jake! He now runs the show around here. Don't worry about a messy house. Just make sure it's warm and homey with lots of good music. Love you both Lots

4:24 p.m.  
Blogger Linda said...

Planted? What are you planting at the end of November?

4:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still have to plant my tulip bulbs!!! and it's December next weekend. Have to plant the garlic and spinach too. How I envy you. (Poor Linda, you must be from Winnepeg and have 3 feet of frost already)

10:05 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

Linda - for the first time I am planting garlic. I hear this is the time of year to plant it. Mom and Dad also swear that if you plant your spinach in the late fall you will be the first one to be eating garden greens in the spring. Its true... I grew up with lots of spinach in the spring so I'm trying it out myself this year.
Mom - you just need a PD day and I'm sure you'll get lots of those loose ends tied up. Maybe you can do it on Sat. when Cass and I are baking
Cass - I love that you get the gist of it right away... we understand e/o.

2:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home