Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm an aunt again!



Amy and Joel's first child, Grace Evelyn, was born last Tuesday afternoon after about 4 hours of labour. There are many more pictures on mom's flickr, so check her out. I went and saw her for a little bit on Wednesday (thanks to Larissa driving up with me and staying the night). Sunday afternoon Dan and I went up to Hilo to meet her again. Dan held her for a good long time and tugged at everyones heart strings. It always surprises me how much of a natural he is with kids. My dad says that he's a nuturer. I think he just picked up his mothers skill with children.

My Oma had to go to Holland for a week because of a death in the family and so I am staying with my Opa for the week. Dan dropped me off here on Sunday evening and I'll be here till Saturday. It's going to be a long relaxing week full of experiences and memories. Opa is really just fine on his own but Oma didn't want to leave him alone and I don't think she quite trusts his cooking skills. So, I've got the internet, a couple books, a journal and lots of time to fill. It's almost awkward though, not having a schedule. I don't really know what to do. I would love to do more with Opa so that I really do fill the week with memories but it's kind of hard to think of things. I don't think he likes cards. I already asked once and he didn't say anything. I'll go through Oma's games shelf tomorrow. I was thinking of reading to him but what if I hit a spot in my book that's too awkward to read to my Opa.... yikes. He might just sleep through it. I'm not really interested in the TV he is watching either so that makes for a lot of wandering around. The good thing is that we have lots of opportunity to go and visit Grace. I hope we get to go tomorrow because Opa hasn't seen her yet. I can't wait.

I'm sure with all this time I'll have lots more to post this week. Any suggestions for time, recipes or games would be much appreciated. Opa loooovvves sweet food.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

An aunt again! Congratulations! I don't have a recipe for you but perhaps you need to be sure that Opa eats his dinner before he has his sweets! :)

6:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's absolutely beautiful!

*congratulations* to the whole zomer clan!!

~hannelle

9:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home