Monday, September 18, 2006

Books

Wow, guys. I got so many really nice, reassuring comments from that last post. I must have made it sound really difficult and brave of me. I should read it again.
I haven't had much time to really think about it since then (work and camping occupying my time since then) but I'm looking forward to going again. It really wasn't that big of a deal looking back on it. It was fun figuring out how to get there. I feel pretty confident.
I love Prof. Stephenson. She mentioned that I should tell her what my book list is for this course and so I called her up to see if maybe she might have some books. She had two out of the four books that I need plus she sent me away with 2 extra books that I would be interested (and would help for the paper) and a promise for a tea date with her when Dan and I get back from Winnipeg. And I'm not even her student anymore!! Isn't that awesome? I love that lady. She really is a personal mentor.
About Winnipeg, Dan and I are going there tomorrow. Dan, his family and I are all going because his sister, Alisha, is getting married there this weekend I've gone from excited, to nervous back to really excited again. I was nervous just because of the work and class that we'll be missing when we're gone but I'm super excited now. I really want to see more of Canada and Winnipeg is always on the CBC (radio one). They've got some good music coming from there. Dan likes all the COPS episodes coming out of Winnipeg too. Or is that Edmonton. :) ha ha ha.
Anyways, now I've got lots of books (plus the ones that I picked up from the R. Library and the novels I'm going to steal from Hannelle) to pack for the trip. Like I'll get any reading done. It's worth a try. And it will be good reading too. I like Mom's comment about how I can now really focus on the one course. I totally agree. I think I might be able to get a lot more out of these courses taking them part time.
Off to visit with Hannelle.... thanks for keeping up with what I'm doing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that explains why no one answers your phone.....
I guess I didn't realize that you were leaving so soon. I know you probably told me.
I hope you and Dan have a great time!!!!! It is so good to celebrate with family. Laugh a lot. Talk to lots of people. Take lots of pics. Maybe you will even get an internet connection. Stay in touch.
Love you both

8:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Winnipeg has one of the higest crime rates in Canada, so if they film COPS there, it totally makes sense. And Edmonton? It has a fairly high crime rate too -- way higher than Calgary. (I took urban sociology.)

10:24 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

hey nikki,
hope you guy's have a great trip! Thanks for the e-mail, i have checked the yahoo account. Cheers! I'd like to hear about you trip to winnipeg! Don't forget to blog!

3:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home