Thursday, September 14, 2006

My first class

I had my first class and I was late. oops. I came for the orientation and was late for that too. I can't seem to figure out how to make this trip go faster. I tried two different routes. I think the third time will be a charm. Less transfers, same time in the morning. Waking up wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I even made myself some fried eggs on toast with a coffee to go. I got to class about 15 min. late. In the class, the professor mentioned he doesn't want anyone to be late to class but afterwards, when I said sorry and mentioned that my commute started at 5:00 in the morning he looked like he felt really bad. I'm still looking for fellow commuters.
Class went well, nothing big. We just went over the syllabus and had some class discussion. Turns out, every Thursday, in the middle of class, there is a Chapel service so our class breaks for that every week. That was nice. Different though. There are some crazy different people here. All sorts of ethnicities and denominations. It great. It's going to be interesting and stretching.
I should go though. It'll be a long commute home and I still have to buy some school stuff.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i'm so proud of you nicole! you can do it!!

7:48 a.m.  
Blogger CeCe said...

5am?!?! That is seriously crazy! Like crazy crazy.. Good luck with that!

11:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go girl!!! We woke up at 4:30 a couple of days ago and started a great day! (But I sure was tired by 9:00) Keeping the schedule going is the hard part. Hopefully you can utilize the comute time to your benefit. It must be great to be in class again, reading texts, and meeting strange people. You can put so much thought and undivided attention into one course that you couldn't before.
Enjoy!

10:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole - i hope your comuteing gets better and i feel bad for you when i read i just want to go and help you out!! But i know you can do it and i know that some how you always turn out even wiser than you already are!! (which i admire you already for)Lovin you lots Cass

10:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole you are quite the trooper to be getting up that early just to make it somewhere else three hours away for only one class. Anyways I hope your school is interesting, and that you meet some new people... and worth the long comute. Keep going, may God give you strength and patience.
Peter

1:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really interested to hear more about your classes and impressions of other people...

You know, it might not be the same thing... especially since we're five years older... but when I came to Redeemer, it was quite the culture shock for me. Seriously, more so than what I am experiencing here in Japan. I am half Dutch but that side of the family has no Christians, so I had NO IDEA about the CRC, Canadian Reformed, or URC... or any of the "lesser" reformed people. :) I had many teary nights. But it was all a fun learning experience in the end!

10:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home