Thursday, September 21, 2006

Winnipeg - Part 1

I guess I've been here for two days now and I still haven't written anything. Oops. Sorry.
We got here around 6ish (I think) and came to Alisha and Franks. They have a stucco bungalow house in a subdivision. It's nice. Alisha and mom worked on some gardens earlier this year so they've got some nice flowers around. Subdivisions here are backwards though. The frount of the house has a walkway up to the house but now driveway. The driveway comes up behind the house from an alleyway. I think its some crime prention strategy. We had a great dinner of BBQed chicken on buns. Instead of heading to A. Linda and U. Wes's the first night we all crashed here. We all slept "in a candy". (I guess Alisha once said "we are all in a candy" when the whole family was together and the phrase has since stuck). The next day was all a kerfuffle of driving around, visiting and not really doing much. I did buy a pair of pants though. I have come to love the GAP just because they make a "tall and lean" cut of pants. So expensive though!! We even shopped around. Places just don't make long jeans for less than $70. We went to U. George and A. Yvonne's place for soup and cookie making. I should take a picture of these cookies because they are awesome. They are being made as the wedding favours. A. Yvonne is such a wonderful person. I want to be like her. She's got a beautiful kitchen because she's an amazing cook and baker. Plus, she is an amazing quilter. She's the Wikk equivalent of A. Anita. And their house is beautiful. They moved out here a couple of years ago and built their own open concept house. We slept at U. Wes and A. Linda's last night. It was awesome. We had our own room, just relaxed with cousin Kristen and slept great!
This morning A. Linda, Britt, A. Michelle and I went for a power walk/tour of the city. We probably walked for about 6 km. 2.5 hours. It was good though. I wanted to see the city, some cute parts of town and the tourist things. We stopped at the legislative building, took a tour of it, went to a trendy street and then walked to "the forks". This is where the Red River and the ____ River intersect. What a trip. The wedding party girls all went to get their nails done this afternoon so I decided that us guys were going to have a spontaneous happy hour. We went out and bought some beer and ceaser supplies... mmm. And here we are. Dan just opened a Moosehead with his ass, David Grey is playing in the background and the girls are trickling in with beautiful nails done. ... Sorry about the spelling mistakes. It's happy hour. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole i love you!! Your blogs inspire people to love you more!! I love reading them and hearing what you are up to!!! I hope that you have a great trip and come home enthused, relaxed and ready to go!! Lovin you lots Cass

9:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a talented guy! Or maybe my immagination is just too vivid. Make sure you stay away from the wine or Dan will have to send you home early.
Keep celebrating! It is what Zomers seem to do best.
Give Dan a big hug from me. I'm sure he is keeping everyone mezmerized out there.
love you both.

6:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked your drunk blog :) come see me soon! i want to see your *pretty* pants and show off my ooo-ahh bookshelves.
love!
hannelle*

11:12 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wonderful blog! It's great to read about you and Dan in Winnipeg! I find myself remembering when Peter and I stayed at Dan's Aunt and Uncles. Say hi from me!!!

11:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Dunnville today and you weren't there. The town seems very empty without you.

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger Nicole said...

I should drink more often when I'm blogging. It gets great comments.
Mom, your imagination is not too vivid. Dan actually pulled down his pants and twisted to get that cap off. It was kinda gross.
Sorry, Hannelle, the pants aren't really pretty. I think a belt could pretty them up a bit though. Cass, you're sweet.

5:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home