Thursday, October 12, 2006

Encouragement

I had such a wonderful two hours of my life yesterday. Life has been crazy lately with schedules, life changes (going to a new school and commuting), working. Plus I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I am doing in my life... you know those kinds of questions.
Dan has been REALLY good with it all. I feel very lucky to have this kind of husband. My dream of education and career is a huge investment in time, money and even in our relationship. It's hard. And he has never questioned it. I know that he can't feel exactly the way I do about school but he has never asked me to quit, rethink what I want or anything like that. In fact, he has encouraged me and reminded me of what I want, what I'm doing.
For this course I have had to meet with a counsellor and ask them their ideas on integrating Christianity and psychology. It seemed like a good time to meet up with Brenda (aka Prof. Stephenson) anyways so we got together for tea. I don't remember the last time that I have felt so righted and assured before this talk. She is such an encourager... and authentic about it too. She's a real gift to me.
I convinced Dan to drop me off at the bus station this morning at 6:00 instead of staying in Hamilton so that i could come home for the night. Getting up this early means that it's important to get to bed and asleep quickly but I was so filled up and excited about meeting with Brenda that i had to just pour it out. And instead of laying their saying "yah, uh huh, yup....", he got excited with me and just echoed everything I heard that morning. I'm a lucky woman.

8 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

that boy is a honey. he has good genes.

2:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole i am so happy that you found someone like Dan!! It is good to hear what the good side of mariage is. Thanx for pointing that out!!

2:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am smiling for you!!

love bonnie

3:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a neat love story. Encouragers are hard to come by and you got two good ones in one day. Super. You deserve it!!!

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah said...

I can feel in your words your enthusiasm and assuarance of what you are doing. It reminds me of a passage that struck me to be very hopeful and one of assurance.

Psalm 37: 23-24
If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

1:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow sarah - that to is an encouragement

9:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a good man. I agree with Michele-he's got good genes!

5:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Good stuff. I am jealous for those moments of good conversation these days, that's for sure.

2:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home