Friday, February 15, 2008

My sister's coming home

I'm in Ingersoll on another weekend off of work! The good part of having less hours available at work is that I'm getting a lot of weekends off! I love it. Less work but more time with family and friends. Sarah is coming home! She didn't come home for Christmas so I'm really looking forward to the visit. Of course life will go on for the rest of us during the 10 days that she's here but I'm going to do as much as I can to hang out with her. I hitched a ride to Hilo last night so that I could be here when she gets here this evening. It looks like this weekend is all booked up already and we're going to have lots of good bonding with the family. I bet even Amy, Joel and baby Grace are going to be around a lot. Oh... baby Grace. Because I wanted to see her so much mom and I took a spur-of-the-moment trip to their place last night. It's not always a good idea to drop by unannounced at someone's place on Valentine's Day but we figured we were just going to go for a second. It turns out she had the Gems over for a quilting thing and we were able to quickly snag Grace away from some kids arms and take her away for ourselves. The girls left shortly and I got to sit and rock Grace while we had a quick chat. By the time Joel came home (he gets home late!!) Grace was ready to eat and Amy was ready to put together their Valentines supper of crab legs! How romantic. Amy is baby sitting at a friends today so I'm hoping to go there this afternoon again. And then.... SARAH'S HOME!! And we'll go to see the babe again! I can't get enough of this bonding. Unfortunately Sarah is sicker than a dog right now. She's been cramming her studies and working like crazy and not getting any sleep so I think the first little bit of her visit will probably be sleeping a lot.
Well, I'm off for now. You'll probably see more of me in a month or so (the way I've been writing lately). Ta ta!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

Have a great weekend!

5:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home